188.8.131.52. Recommendations about trailer towage
– Check, that at a hitch with the loaded or empty trailer the body of the car remained approximately in horizontal situation, as without the trailer. It is forbidden to maintain a road train if the body of the car is strongly inclined forward or back. Check size of vertical load of the traction coupling device and a working order of details of a suspension bracket. Be convinced that the trailer is not overloaded.
– Check, that cargoes transported in the trailer were reliably fixed. It is necessary to exclude possibility of shift of cargoes.
– Be convinced that rear-view mirrors correspond to all requirements of operating rules. Check serviceability and installation of rear-view mirrors.
– Before the beginning of a trip check serviceable functioning of all devices of external lighting and the light alarm system, established on the car and the trailer. Check the traction coupling device, safety chains, electric sockets and other connections between the car and the trailer. Having passed small distance, stop and once again check serviceability of operation of all devices of external lighting and the light alarm system, and also all connecting knots between the car and the trailer.
– Remember that maneuverability of a road train differs from maneuverability of the car without the trailer. Therefore carry out turns, move a backing and stop on sites of roads, free from transport.
– Do not hurry, at first accustom and get used to the increased weight and length of a road train.
– At towage of the trailer it is forbidden to exceed speed of movement of 100 km/h. If Traffic regulations establish more strict restrictions, it is necessary to follow these restrictions.