220.127.116.11. Engine start-up from the auxiliary storage battery
Engine start-up from the auxiliary storage battery can represent danger if you break the corresponding instructions. Therefore precisely follow the description of all operations. If you are not sure that can independently start the engine from the auxiliary storage battery, we urgently recommend to address for technical assistance to experts.
For start-up of the engine it is authorized to use only the 12-volt storage battery. In attempt of start-up of the engine by means of a current source tension 24 In (for example, the 24-volt storage battery or two consistently connected 12-volt batteries) the engine starter, system of ignition and other electric devices of the car will fail.
1. Be convinced that the auxiliary storage battery which you intend to use, has rated voltage of 12 Century.
2. If the auxiliary battery is established on other car, cars should not concern each other. Muffle the car engine which storage battery will be used as the auxiliary. Switch off on both cars everything unnecessary consumers of the electric power.
|Fig. 1.173. Connection of the second plug of the akkumulyatorony battery
3. Connect plugs of lengthening wires strictly in that sequence which is specified in drawing 1.173
– Attach the plug of a lengthening wire to a positive pole of the discharged battery (1).
– Attach the second plug of this wire to a positive pole of the auxiliary battery (2).
– Attach the plug of other lengthening wire to a negative pole of the auxiliary battery (3).
– Attach the second plug of this wire to an open massive metal motionless detail which is at sufficient distance from the discharged battery (4). As such detail the bolt of fastening of a rack of a suspension bracket can serve, for example.
4. Start the car engine with the auxiliary battery and let's to it work some minutes. Then start the car engine with the discharged battery.
5. After successful start of the engine carefully disconnect plugs of lengthening wires, operating upside-down.