18.104.22.168. General information
The additional system of ensuring passive safety (SRS) includes two main subsystems:
– system of inflatable safety cushions with gas generators;
– electric system with sensors of blow and the module of diagnostics of malfunctions.
|Fig. 1.147. Mazda 6 car SRS system: 1–sensor of lateral blow; 2–gas generator and safety cushion; 3–sensors of blow and module of diagnostics (SAS); 4–sensors of blow and module of diagnostics (SAS); 5–sensor of lateral blow; 6–gas generator and safety cushion
Inflatable pillows are established on the car in the following places: in a nave of a steering wheel, in the forward panel (on the right side), in backs of forward seats (from doors), in forward and back racks of a body, and also along ceiling edge over apertures of lateral doors. Safety cushions and inflatable shtorka are established is reserved and are not visible till operation (fig. 1.147)
Systems of face-to-face and lateral safety cushions include to 6 inflatable elements (the arrangement of safety cushions in the car is specified by "SRS AIRBAG" marking). Safety cushions are located in the following places:
– in a nave of a steering wheel (a safety cushion of the driver);
– in the forward panel on the right before a passenger seat (a safety cushion of the forward passenger);
– in backs of forward seats from the outer side (lateral safety cushions);
– in lobbies and back racks of a body, and also under a ceiling over apertures of lateral doors (inflatable shtorka).
Additional systems of ensuring passive safety work independently from each other depending on a type of collision at a road accident. If your car is equipped with lateral pillows and inflatable shtorka, these elements, as a rule, do not work on both parties of the car in the same failure as the car not often is exposed to simultaneous blows from two parties. Usually lateral pillows and inflatable shtorka do not work at the same time with face-to-face safety cushions in one road accident. The exception is made by road accidents in which the car is exposed both face-to-face, and to lateral blows.
Systems of inflatable safety cushions are intended only for ensuring additional passive protection of the driver and the forward passenger (at certain types of collision of the car), and also the passengers sitting on extreme places on back sitting (only at lateral blows of the car). Therefore under way the car it is necessary for driver and all passengers to be fastened by seat belts always.
If not to fasten a seat belt, in case of a road accident of a safety cushion cannot provide effective protection. The fastened seat belt provides the following:
– keeps the driver or the passenger from a sharp forward rush in a being inflated safety cushion;
– reduces probability of a travmirovaniye at road accidents in which operation of safety cushions is not provided, for example, when capsizing the car and at car blow behind;
– reduces probability of a travmirovaniye at head-on and lateral collisions of the car which force is insufficient for operation of safety cushions;
– reduces probability of loss from the car;
– reduces probability of a travmirovaniye of the lower part of a trunk and feet at a road accident (safety cushions are not intended for protection of the specified parts of a body);
– holds the driver in situation which allows to supervise car movement better.
If growth of the child does not allow to use a seat belt, it is necessary to plant and reliably to fix the child in the children's holding device.
Carefully pick up the children's holding device which suits your child. At installation follow instructions which are brought in this book and in the instruction of the manufacturer of the children's holding device.